Saturday, September 6, 2008

invites

I should be studying, but first I wanted to do some ground work for the invitations. My friend Becky recommended Paper and More, and I have requested some paper and envelope samples. The samples are only $.50 a piece, and the shipping is only $1, so my total came to $4.75! I ordered samples of...

Solid Sand Text Paper 70# (1 Sheet)
#10 Solid Sand Policy 4 1/8 x 9 1/2 (1 Envelope)
#10 Solid Sand Announcement 4 1/8 x 9 1/2 (1 Envelope)
#10 Warm White Linen 4 1/8 x 9 1/2 (1 Envelope)
Warm White Linen Card Stock 80# (1 Sheet)
Solid Burgundy Card Stock 80# (1 Sheet)
Crimson Red 105# Metallic Card Stock (1 Sheet)


The sand or linen colors would be for the RSVP/website info card, the main part of the invite, and the envelope. The burgandy or crimson red would be the background of the invite. We'll see...

I also ordered a free: ) "Whitney" sample from Invitation Paper. It looks like this:


I want to have the paper ordered soon, so that we will be ready to do some pre-assembly preparations. I think we will put invites together over spring break, but at Christmas we may be able to cut ribbon, cut the background paper, etc. I also need to look into printing costs...

No comments: