Every week I thought I'd get started with weekly posts for my pregnancy like I did when I was pregnant with Hudson, but the time just went SO fast with this pregnancy!
Overall the pregnancy was - thankfully - rather uneventful, and not-so-little Colby George arrived before we knew it (well...aside from being a week late!).
While I didn't take weekly photos, I did take some along the way...while wearing some ridiculous outfits. Many of the pictures were taken in the clothes that I wear under my clothes - HAHAHA!
With that warning, I bring you...
The Evolution of the Bump
April 16 - 7 weeks / 1 days
May 6 - 10 weeks
May 9 - 10 weeks / 3 days
July 1 - 18 weeks
July 9 - 19 weeks / 1 day
July 12 - 19 weeks / 4 days
July 16 - 20 weeks / 1 day
July 23 - 21 weeks / 1 day
July 29 - 22 weeks
August 5 - 23 weeks
August 19 - 25 weeks
September 7 - 27 weeks / 5 days
October 18 - 33 weeks / 6 days
November 20 - 38 weeks / 2 days
(I was SO sure - and hoping - that this would be the last belly photo because Colby would arrive early! Instead, these were the last belly photos because I was HUGE, exhausted, and lazy.)
Facts about This Pregnancy
- I gained 47 pounds - YIKES - and that put me at 57 pounds above my "normal, feel-good weight."
- I ate SO MUCH BREAD during the first trimester...and I didn't eat much else. See the bullet above - this was a major contributor to the weight gain!
- The only food I really craved was cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes. Apples never really sounded very good. I went through a tuna phase, too!
- I had double-sneezes sometimes - just like I did with Hudson and just like my mom did during her pregnancies. (I haven't had any more since Colby was born!)
- I had quite a bit of anxiety around weeks 12-20 - I even took some medicine to keep me from getting too worked up!
- I didn't feel Colby hiccuping nearly as much as I felt Hudson hiccup!
- I was obsessed with buying Walmart maternity clothes - ha! I LOVED their over-the-belly work out capris, and the cheap tank tops allowed me to switch up my outfits!
- I had four ultrasounds - one to confirm the pregnancy, one to check the anatomy (healthy BOY!), one to make sure he wasn't too big because I was measuring big, and one because he was past his due date!
- Diana offered to throw a "sprinkle," but I opted for a lunch at Free State Brewery with Mom, Claire, Diana, Jenny, and Judy. SO fun - and they gave me some beautiful and generous gifts!
- I only ran until week 16 or so. Beyond that, I felt like I had to pee as soon as I started running: ( I did a lot of walking and a lot of weight lifting. I stopped lifting around 36 weeks. After that, I only walked. I did most of my walking at Rock Chalk Park because it is closer to our house and allowed me to sleep an extra 30 minutes!
- I was EXHAUSTED throughout the pregnancy, but otherwise I felt pretty good! I was SO tired during the first trimester that I could barely move. Chasing a toddler and being pregnant is NOT easy!!!
- I did not throw up at all: ) - but I did feel constantly carsick for the first three months: (
- I quit caffeine cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant. I did drink a lot of decaf in the winter, and by the end I sometimes added some caffeinated coffee as well; )
- I ended up with a few stretch marks, but they're quickly fading!