After the shower, we went back by the house and packed for Kansas City. We stayed at the Capital;s;sfj; - it was beautiful! Krista picked a suite for us, so we were able to all hang out and beautify together! The bridesmaids made me this awesome shirt:We had a "table of flare," way too much food (leftovers, a deli tray, AND pizza), and drinks (including street painters!). We walked to Power and Light, and spent the evening bouncing around. We settled in for the end of the night at Shark Bar - SO SO SO fun! My favorite parts were handing out flare, taking black and white pictures with only the green in color, laughing SO hard that my fake eyelashes fell off (HAHAHA!), dancing in glittery glasses with my bestest friends, and eating pizza for the second time in one day: )
HAHA! Thank you to everyone who planned, participated, listened to me worry about my hair/eyelashes/etc., danced, sang, ate, etc. The shower, b-party, and weekend were AWESOME! I love you guys SO much!
Sunday night I worked at Brandon Woods, and then Monday the wedding preparations began...
- 10am met with the Eldridge about the rehearsal dinner
- showed the tuxes to mom
- worked on thank you notes
- 9am meeting at Spring Hill Suites about the reception site
- 10am meeting at Maceli's about the reception food
- 11:30pm meeting at HyVee about the flowers
- trip to KC
- Group USA (purchased my veil (free with $25 birthday gift certificate!), looked at a headband, looked at MOB dresses/jewelry!)
- JoAnn's (purchased my headband with a 40% off coupon)
- Hobby Lobby (purchased 50% off ribbon for invitations)
- Kinko's (picked up the printed invitations and cut background papers)
- met with the organist at church
- met with wedding coordinator at church
- tried kalamata olive bread from Wheatfields (for reception?)
- put together ten invites
We are officially DONE with meetings for now. I have about two weeks to finish up the invitations, so we'll work on them a few hours at a time. I have lots to discuss with Nick in order to make some final decisions, but I do feel like we are in good shape...so far!