Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

"What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that's gone forever, impossible to reproduce." 


-Karl Lagerfeld


***

It may appear that I've stopped blogging, but I haven't. I'm just behind. Really behind. 

For a while, I felt stuck because I fell so far behind, but then I decided it really doesn't matter if I post the photos out of order or forget to say something that I meant to say. I'm blogging for me. It gives me a chance to review the many, many photos I have taken in an attempt to document these little boys. 

As I create each post, I get to travel back to each moment. Once there, I try to remember everything about it. I don't want to forget the smell of my stinky little boys, and I don't want to forget their smiles and laughs. I hope that documenting our time together and reviewing these memories will help keep it all fresh in my mind for years to come.

I know that someday this blog may disappear or that nobody will look at it, but for now, I'm going to continue on...

***



***

Right Now

Hudson at 4 and 1/3 Years Old
- LOVES trains, blocks, legos, and cars!
- Is interacting more and more with Colby and is really going to be a GREAT big brother!
- Wakes almost every morning around 6:30 to join me in the basement while I exercise.
- Loves pb/chocolate granola bars, meatball pizza from Papa Keno's, and chocolate milk (for a treat!)!
- Likes to ride bikes, blow bubbles, and play with the kids in our neighborhood! We often have to tell him that he can't "ding" everyone's doorbells: )
- Often corrects others for not following the rules.
- Has a best friend named Autumn at school.
- Loves to talk about favorite colors and often says, "Did you know that...?"
- Has trouble sitting still at the dinner table: (
- Likes Handy Manny and Wild Kratz!
- Scared of thunder and the possibility of tornadoes.
- Woke up at 2 am to give me my Mother's Day gift - and then got to sleep next to me for the rest of the night <3

Colby at 17 Months
- LOVES to run in the street, play with anything dangerous (e.g., cords and outlets), and climb the stairs! 
- Just started saying "EW!!!" when something is gross or stinky and nodding for "yes."
- Still nurses right after work, right before bed, and in the middle of the night!
- Still wakes up most nights...ugh.
- Loves to wear his bike helmet and climb on the bikes.
- Loves Miss Teri's house <3
- Laughs SO HARD at Hudson - especially in the bath and while reading books!
- Loves noodles, "nanas," and fruit pouches!
- Often stops nursing to sign "more" and to say, "Moh! Moh!"
- Wants to be just like Hudson!

No comments: