Sunday, January 4, 2009

Official Announcement!

Our engagement announcement was in the Lawrence Journal World on Saturday Coincidentally, it was also NIck's 28th birthday!)...

Wilkinson and Adams
Nick Adams and Lauren Wilkinson

Mark and Terry Wilkinson and Butch and Judy Adams announce the engagement of their children, Lauren Wilkinson and Nick Adams, all of Lawrence.The future bride is a 2001 graduate of Free State High School. She earned an English degree with teaching certification from the University of Missouri-Rolla in 2005. She is an English teacher at FSHS. She is also a dietary aide at Brandon Woods at Alvamar. She is enrolled in Emporia State University’s instructional design and technology graduate program.The future groom is a 1999 graduate of FSHS. He is a sales representative for Standard Beverage Corp. in Lawrence. He is studying business at Baker University.The couple plan a June 2009 wedding at Plymouth Congregational Church in Lawrence.
I read engagements/weddings/anniversaries online every Saturday morning while I drink my coffee: ) I have told NIck before that many people from Lawrence look forward to these announcements in the paper every Saturday - I found out yesterday that I was right! SOOO many people told us they saw the announcement, and I quickly discovered that those of us born and raised in Lawrence read them each week because we are guaranteed to know someone! Lawrence may be a college town, but it definitely has a small-town feeling to it! I guess you could say our engagement has now been officially announced - "Lawrence style" : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see the official announcement made it onto the blog! Congratulations! To bad you didn't share the part about Callie hitting 'send'. That still cracks me up!

XX Lisa