Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busy weekend!

Here are some pics from the weekend! Details to follow...


Friday
Sixth hour was cancelled for the homecoming parade, so I went home at 2pm to pick up Callie. We had a blast walking with the other dogs, and she was well-behaved!
After the parade, I went to the gym and showered, and then I went to dinner at Carlos and went to the LFS homecoming game with Nick. When we arrived home...
Callie's face was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO swollen! We were terrified and felt SO stupid having to page the vet on a Friday night. We think a snake bit her! She was sick ALL weekend!

Saturday
Nick and I woke early on Saturday and went to KC with Mom for the Alzheimer's Memory Walk. We overheard someone say that this year there were twice as many people as last year! I hope that we can continue to walk each year. It felt good to be surrounded by people who understand what it is like to love someone with Alzheimer's.

Nick and I watched KU come back against Iowa State, and then we were supposed to go with Judy and Butch to a surprise party. We ended up not going because Callie was SO SO SO sick: ( We rented 88 Minutes. I liked it!


Sunday
On Sunday, Mom and I went to the Perfect Wedding Guide Bridal Show. I called SJ last minute to see if she wanted to go, and she did! It was SO fun to wander around with them! I was a little (okay, a lot!) overwhelmed by all of the booths, but I am glad that we went. I picked up a lot of info, and I enjoyed seeing what is available these days. And...we booked a DJ - Brett from Complete Music - he is AWESOME!!

Oh yeah. Mom ran into Barack on our way out: ) HEHE.

Overall, it was a good weekend. I did have TONS of school stuff to do on Sunday night, but I made it through the week...

1 comment:

SJ said...

Thanks so much for inviting me to go to the bridal show with your mom and you. I had a great time. Love.