Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring makes me happy: )

Spring makes me happy: ) The weather is awesome...and we have only 5.5 weeks of school left!!

In my birthday card last year, Grandmom included this haiku that she had written many years ago. I LOVE it, and I had someone on Etsy create a print to fit the words. I had her include a hummingbird because hummingbirds have always made me think of my NC grandparents! I backed my print with scrapbook paper and framed it. I plan to keep it forever: ) Enjoy...



Spring also brings Easter! Everyone came to our house, and we had our own little Easter potluck! We had a GREAT time, and I was once again reminded how lucky Nick and I are to have families who can easily gather together! (We all spent Thanksgiving 2008 together as well as Christmas/Blizzard 2009 together as well!)

Nick and Me (We always have to take one ourselves!)


Judy and Butch


Me, Grandpa, and Little


Claire and Daddy (Love this one!)


Family Photo: )


Easter Flowers (RIP!! I took this pic a few days too late: ( - Thanks for the cute pitcher/vase, Mom!)


Spring also means...the (muddy) dog park!! We took Callie to the dog park on Friday night after work. It was a beautiful evening, and I enjoyed spending time with two of my favorites: ) Nick and I took Callie off of her leash...and she quickly found her own mud puddle! I tried to take a pic of her in the puddle, but she stopped dancing around in it when we approached. I am pretty sure it was the happiest moment of her life! I can't wait to go back!

Cal's Favorite Puddle: )


Family Shadow - Love this!


"Bath" Time = "Attack the Hose" Time


Cute pup!


Smiles: )



Spring also brings race season! This was my third race in 2010, and it was also my third half-marathon! Although in the past I have said I would never run another half-marathon, some of my college friends helped motivate me to give the half another try: ) Katie, Sarah, Steve, and I completed the Olathe Half-Marathon on April 10, and we all were extremely succesful! I beat my time from last year by about 5 minutes, and Steve and Sarah both beat their previous times as well! This was Katie's first half - and she is EXTRA amazing because she just had twin boys in August!

Nick was AWESOME (as usual), and he came with me! We had to leave the house by 5:40 AM - not a time that we usually spend together! I knew it would be great to have him along for the drive to KC (and he drove!), but I think he definitely helped me with some pre-race nervousness! He surprised me along the route and took some pictures!

Me: )


Almost there!!!


DONE!!!


The Bland Family


Me and My Love


Katie, Sarah, Me


I have been SLOW this week in my recovery, but I will not rule out another half just yet; ) My legs don't hurt, but they sure are tired - even 6 days later!

I can't wait to see what else spring will bring: )

1 comment:

Julia Dohen.... said...

love and miss you:) I love your Grandma's hikue--- that is awesome that she wrote it for you.... miss you like crazy...

j