Saturday, September 24, 2011

21 Weeks


Weekly Survey

How far along?: 21 weeks! 



Total weight gain/loss: + 17ish (I'm creeping up on some numbers I haven't seen on the scale since college!)

Sleep: Not so great! Getting poor sleep is definitely my pregnancy complaint! The vivid dreams/crazy nightmares continue and/or I have to use the restroom throughout the night. I usually wake up around 11, 1:30, 3, 5...and four out of five work days a week I get up before 5 a.m., so this isn't pleasant! I have been falling asleep between 9 and 10, so I do have that going for me: ) Nick has been AWESOME about relocating to our bedroom around 9 so that he can at least be near me while he watches TV and I try to sleep. 

(One nightmare this week included a giant salamander/crocodile-type water monster that was chasing Nick! When it came out of the water, it split into 5 mini-monsters. Luckily, the mini-monster didn't have any legs, so we were able to run away!)

Best moment(s) this week: More baby movements! I think I'm going to try to let Nick feel them soon: ) I read somewhere that some husbands try to feel the baby too early, and then the husband is disappointed if he can't feel the baby. I think we're getting to the point where he'll definitely be able to feel him!

Movement: Yes! 

Symptoms: See the sleep section above!

Maternity clothes?: I wore my skinny maternity jeans (the tag says "jeggings!" - ha ha!) from Old Navy for the first time this week! I love them! I've never even worn regular skinny jeans with flats, but these are actually long enough that I can. I wore them once to work with flats, and then I wore them out on Saturday night (in my 21-week picture!).


Stretch marks?: Nope.

Food cravings: Cottage cheese, salt, cereal...I think I could eat nonstop and never feel full!

Food aversions: Uh...not a problem; ) More like food attraction!!

Healthy eating?: This week was better! We made a lot of food at home, and I tried to drink more water instead of snacking. I didn't do very well tracking my food past Wednesday, but I felt better about what I was eating overall. I've been eating a lot of oatmeal and fruit at work...


Exercise: I'm still able to run with Natalie, so we hit the road for a long run Saturday morning. We're still averaging about 11-minute miles, so we're slower than our race-time pace (I think we ran about 9:32/mile for the half in April), but that is to be expected since we walk the hills. Who wants to run up a hill anyway!?!

Gender: baby boy

Labor Signs: No!

Belly Button in or out?: Still in...

What I miss: Quality, uninterrupted, refreshing sleep!

What I'm looking forward to: Hearing baby's heartbeat at our appointment on Wednesday!

Weekly Wisdom: I don't have any: (

Milestones: More movement!


What I'm Smiling About This Week V. 10

- Nick's been on a cleaning kick! Before I even came home from work on Friday, he had cleaned the kitchen and vacuumed! SO helpful!

- I had a decent work week. I'm still WAY overwhelmed with all that I need to get done before the baby comes - but I was in the office a little more this week, so I was able to get some things done.

- We were busy over the weekend! Jenny and Ryan were here, so we had dinner at Butch and Judy's on Friday night. Then, on Saturday we went back over for dinner (Nick made pulled pork in the crock pot - YUM!), and some family friends came, too. We left Butch and Judy's around 8 to head over to Natalie and Colin's for Colin's 30th birthday party - SO fun!


(Sorry this post is so late! 
I wrote it several days ago, but I guess I never "published" it!
22 Weeks coming soon...)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I kept checking waiting for your next post! Love reading this, seeing pictures, and YOU : )!