Sunday, October 23, 2011

25 Weeks


Weekly Survey

How far along?: 25 weeks


Total weight gain/loss: + 21 pounds

Sleep: I'm still sleeping okay. I'm waking up a lot, but I fall right back to sleep (usually). I read that a lot of women have trouble staying asleep around this time. I'm hoping to skip that phase, but I'm not counting on it!

Best moment(s) this week: More movement! I was worrying some about how much the baby was moving because there were some days where he didn't seem to be moving as much. Those few days were followed by some days with strong kicks. I think maybe he just changed his schedule up a little bit; )

Movement: Yes: ) I like waking up in the middle of the night and feeling him kick!

Symptoms: Hungry!!!

Maternity clothes?: Absolutely!

Stretch marks?: I feel like they'll appear any day now...

Food cravings: All food!

Food aversions: Uh...food attraction is more like it.

Healthy eating?: Although I am eating a lot, I do feel like most of it is healthy. I pretty much just eat healthy snacks all day long. A typical day is something like: 
  • pre-workout breakfast: smoothie
  • post-workout breakfast/snack: oatmeal or fruit
  • lunch: cottage cheese, rye crackers, yogurt
  • afternoon snack 1: pretzels and nuts
  • afternoon snack 2: fruit
  • afternoon snack 3: cheese stick
  • dinner: something reasonable
  • after-dinner snack: applesauce
Hmmmmm. I guess I could cut back on one of my snacks if I start to gain weight too quickly! Ha!

Exercise: Feeling good overall! I did skip BodyPump on Friday morning. I was packed and ready to go, but when my alarm went off at 4:58 I knew there was NO WAY I was getting out of bed. I didn't take a day off on the weekend to make up for it.

Gender: Little man!

Labor Signs: N.O.

Belly Button in or out?: I'm still calling it "flat."

What I miss: Regular date nights! Nick is busy with football season, so our Friday nights together look something like this: eat Mexican food, do something to prepare for the baby (e.g., go to Home Depot, prep for garage sale, etc.) watch a TV show, I sleep/Nick does homework...

What I'm looking forward to: painting the baby's room in a couple of weeks!!

Weekly Wisdom: Create a baby budget BEFORE becoming pregnant! I've been working on our budget, and it is making me miserable. Making a budget is NO FUN on its own, but making a budget while thinking about a million other things - many of them things I need to buy - is overwhelming!

Milestones: We had three big ones this week: fabric for the baby's room, computer recycling event, and our garage sale!

Mom helped me pick out fabric for the baby's room, and it perfectly matches the crib sheets!

With the fabric, we're planning to make a cornice, a bed skirt, and closet curtains (by sewing a strip of the fabric on curtains that are kind of like these)...


What I'm Smiling About This Week (and Last Week!) V. 12

- I went on a long walk with Tiffany and Elsie: ) So fun!

- We had our garage sale! I made about $80 - which isn't much per hour - but it definitely helps out. More than anything, I'm just glad we got rid of so much stuff! Everything that went out of the house (except for two small picture frames) was either sold or taken to Goodwill! I think we donated 8+ boxes! Even though a garage sale may not make a ton of money, I think it helps to have a date in mind. If we hadn't had our sale, I'm sure all the crapola would still be sitting in the house!

- I knew I would be tired after the garage sale, so I brought Callie with me when I dropped Nick off for the KU football game. Callie and I went straight to the lake for long walk. 
Here she is on top of the hill...

- Callie has a new love: an old, nasty pillow! I was going to throw it away, but I decided to throw it into her kennel. 

She has been taking it everywhere with her around the house...

...and sleeping on it like she is a human; )
 

No comments: