Sunday, October 30, 2011

27 Weeks

Weekly Survey

How far along?: 27 weeks


Total weight gain/loss: + 24 pounds (I'm hoping to end up + 35, but I have a feeling I may go over that a little bit!)

Sleep: I did have a few nightmares this week, but I slept okay overall! I'm waking up a lot for potty breaks, but I'm still falling back to sleep without too much trouble.

Best moment(s) this week: Feeling baby thump during meetings at work; )

Movement: I'm still feeling the same kinds of movement as I was last week. I feel like at this point I can usually feel him if I stop what I'm doing and pay attention for a while. He always seems to be awake when I'm up in the middle of the night! 

Symptoms: Ever since a marathon meeting a couple of weeks ago, my tailbone has been hurting off and on. It is more of an annoyance than crazy pain, so that is good. I guess you could say that I have a hard time finding a comfortable position - even when I'm at home!

Maternity clothes?: Um...yes. My regular dress pants are SOOOOO far from buttoning! It is a little scary.

Stretch marks?: Nope.

Food cravings: I think I'm craving carbs - or really anything that makes me feel full.

Food aversions: Nope.

Healthy eating?: I had a bad week: ( I didn't track my food well at all...and I gained more weekly weight than I have been. I also ate a lot of chocolate - SO hard to stay away from chocolate when Halloween is so close! My main problem with chocolate is that I can't just have one piece! Nick and I also had a week of college meals - pizza, mac & cheese/hotdogs, tacos, ramen & ham... - you get the picture! I did incorporate some fruits and veggies, but I'm hoping next week will be better!

Exercise: Yes!! I did have a great week of workouts!! I did all of my usual workouts - and ran a 5K with Natalie!! We were a little bit slower that usual (duh!), but we averaged about 9:30 minutes/mile. We jogged the whole thing - which is kind of amazing because this is a HILLY course, and we've been walking hills for a couple of months now! (Thanks for "jogging" with me, Natalie!) 


The first pic makes it hard to tell that I'm pregnant - but it is pretty obvious in the second one! Ha!

Gender: Boy: )

Labor Signs: Nope.

Belly Button in or out?: It is still half out...

What I miss: I miss a hot cup of coffee on a cold morning...but I bought some hot chocolate to keep at work, so I'm not missing it too much: )

What I'm looking forward to: A date with Nick next weekend! We've been SO SO SO busy working on the house, preparing for/having the garage sale, registering, finding a daycare, trying to budget, figuring out health insurance, etc. that we haven't just hung out in quite some time! Can't wait!

Weekly Wisdom: Asking other people for advice about "must-have" items seems to be making me feel a little better about not having any idea what we MUST have.

Milestones: The second trimester is OVER!


What I'm Smiling About This Week V. 14


- I had an AWESOME Sunday!! I talked with Lisa on Skype for over an hour - finally - and it was SO good to catch up! Then, I had lunch with Malinda, Jane, Erin, and Brooks at Free State Brewery. It had been WAY TOO LONG since I'd seen/spoken with Malinda, so it was especially good to see her! Brooks, Erin's 6-month-old little guy, was so good, and it was fun to have him around! Can't wait to see them all again at Thanksgiving!

- I also spent some time on Sunday working on my maternity plans. They aren't finished, but I'm so much closer! I feel a little bit more relaxed about having things ready...at least for now: )


- Callie continued to be cute this week, and she continued to love her pillow. She even took it with her to sunbathe...


- The mornings - with my hot chocolate in hand - have been beautiful! I went to work at 7 a.m. on Friday so that I could leave early, and I remembered why I love being a morning person. It was dark when I arrived, but soon I could see the fog through the trees from my office window. A few minutes later, the sun crept over campus. SO pretty!!




- Nick and Butch made progress on painting the house!! The downstairs is almost done, and I love the color! This picture isn't very good, but you can now see that the ceiling and the wall are different colors. It makes the white doors and trim pop, and the walls seem fresh for the first time! I'm pretty sure nothing had been painted since it was built ten years ago! (Thanks, Nick and Butch!! You guys are awesome!!)



- They are hoping to paint the baby's room today! After trying three different colors, we were able to decide on a gray we like!


Too light and too dark!

Perfect!


- While the wreck Mom and I got in yesterday did NOT make me smile, the fact that we're okay does make me smile. We were rear-ended in Topeka on our way to register at Babies R Us. I'm trying not to worry too much about the car just yet, but I know figuring out  what to do about it over the next few weeks isn't going to be very fun: ( Poor Nancy the Nissan...



2 comments:

Lisa Wilkinson said...

I LOVE the picture on the sunrise over Lawrence. It's just lovely.

LOVE YOU!

Natalie said...

I'm so sorry you and your mom got rear ended, that's so scary.

I will always, always jog (or walk!!!) with you.

You look adorable, per the usual...but we may need to talk about your meal "situation", ha ha.