Thursday, October 27, 2011

26 Weeks

Weekly Survey

How far along?: 26 weeks



Total weight gain/loss: + 22 pounds (almost!)

Sleep: I'm having a tough time rolling over without major sound effects: ( Nick hasn't complained, but it must be annoying to sleep next to me!

Best moment(s) this week: We went to the doctor on Wednesday, and everything seems to be moving along on schedule. We only have one more appointment before we start going more often! We also found out that my other ultrasound will be around 34 weeks - It will be here before we know it!

Movement: Yes! While I still feel some thumping, I feel like I'm feeling more rolling and twisting than I was before. Every little movement is so reassuring!

Symptoms: I'm starting to realize when I've been on my feet too long. My feet were throbbing some during the week!

Maternity clothes?: A must!!

Stretch marks?: No, but I feel like I should have them!

Food cravings: All food, all the time... 

Food aversions: Nope!

Healthy eating?: Hmmm. I didn't do as well this week. I'm SUPER busy at work, and I MAJORLY fell off the food log this week: / I constantly feel like I need/want to eat something - even though I end up feeling pretty full.

Exercise: Still workin' it! Natalie and I weren't able to do a long run, but I did some shorter runs on the treadmill to make sure I'm getting in some challenging cardio. I went to both of my usual BodyPump classes, and I did take a nice LONG walk with Natalie on Saturday: )

Gender: BOY: )

Labor Signs: No!

Belly Button in or out?: Hmmm. Top half is kinda out...haha...gross.

What I miss: I think I'm reaching a point where I kind of miss what I used to look like. While I've never been thrilled by my own body, it is strange to rapidly gain weight, not fit into clothes, not be able to squeeze past the stupid support bar in the garage (true story!), etc. I definitely should have taken a "before pregnancy" photo because I honestly feel like I can't remember what my tummy looked like before baby! I'm hoping that all the growing means that baby is going to be plump and healthy: )

What I'm looking forward to: Nick is going to finish painting this weekend!!! We finally found a color for the downstairs walls, and I think we've agreed on a color for the baby's room. Nick's hard work will look awesome - I can't wait to start setting everything up!

Weekly Wisdom: Hmmm. I don't feel like I have any this week: ( I've been kinda stressed, so I guess I'd suggest finding good ways to deal with stress...but I need to take my own advice!

Milestones: Starting our registry! We've barely put anything on it - ha! - because we're totally overwhelmed...but it is started; )


What I'm Smiling About This Week V. 13

- I had a very productive Saturday: I cleaned the kitchen, walked 5.5 miles with Natalie, cleaned our bedroom and bathroom, showered, cleared out the baby's room, had a nice visit with Mom, Grandpa, and Grandma, had dinner with Mom and Dad, went to the store, and started researching and registering for baby stuff! 

- I got this note from someone at work: "Hey Lauren! I saw you this morning getting out of your car and coming in to our building, and you were sure looking cute. Pregnancy ain’t near as stodgy as it used to be! Since I’m just too old and slow to catch up to you to say hi, I thought to send you the email." I don't know her very well at all, and I thought this was such a nice gesture. SUCH a good way to start the day!

- I know I'm forgetting all kinds of things...I guess I'll blame it on baby brain!

No comments: