Tuesday, November 8, 2011

28 Weeks

Weekly Survey

How far along?: 28 weeks



Total weight gain/loss: + 26 pounds

Sleep: I had a pretty good week! I fell asleep quickly, even though I woke up 3 or 4 times each night.

Best moment(s) this week: 1) Nick felt the baby REALLY moving around!! 2) Nick surprised me by painting the baby's room on Friday afternoon before I got home!! 3) Saturday night date night with Nick was SUPER fun!!

Movement: Yes! Baby continues to roll around. He becomes active in the evenings and stays that way throughout the night!

Symptoms: It is much eaiser for me to do many things I if sit down first: reach something on the floor, put on my shoes, blow dry my hair...

Maternity clothes?: Definitely maternity pants! I can't imagine even fitting in my regular jeans again: ( I sure hope I do, but they are SO far from fitting right now! Now that it is cooler, I've been wearing my maternity tees with different sweaters and scarfs. Everybody at work liked this outfit: 


Stretch marks?: Not yet!

Food cravings: Hmmm. I guess I would say carbs - mainly crackers and pretzels.

Food aversions: Nope. 

Healthy eating?: I did much better this week! I tracked everything I ate during the work week, and I did not eat as many snacks...unless you count Halloween candy as a snack; ) I did eat a lot of Halloween candy, but I think it is all gone now: )

Exercise: I got in all of my regular weights and cardio sessions, but I did not jog much this week. I spent a lot of time walking, but jogging wasn't really working out for me for some reason: (

Gender: Boy - and he goes by: Baby, Ozzy, Cliff, and Bullseye: ) He doesn't have a real name yet: (

Labor Signs: Nope.

Belly Button in or out?: It depends on how I'm sitting or standing, but I think the top part is "out" most of the time. Ha.

 
What I miss: I would love to go on a long run with Callie in the fall weather...but a long walk isn't so bad either: )

What I'm looking forward to: This weekend I hope to FINALLY make a decision about what stroller and carseat we want for Baby. I'm also looking forward to some more projects with Mom and Dad. We're hoping to get started on some of the nursery details - yay: ) Pics to come...
 

Weekly Wisdom: I should not have cut my hair off this fall. I thought it would be easier/faster...but it is not. I like it short, but it is much more time consuming in the long run. Since it is taking me longer and longer to get ready, I've been blow drying my hair and putting it straight into a little bun. I don't really like how it looks, but I'd rather do that than get up earlier, make my workout shorter, or get to work later (and have to stay later!).

Milestones: Nick and I went to our first baby class at the hospital! This one was called Baby Care Workshop, so hopefully we are a little more comfortable with some of the things we'll need to do for the baby! Nick even changed our baby doll's diaper and successfully swalded him: )



What I'm Smiling About This Week V. 15

- One of our favorite shows, Bones, is back on this week! YAY! We now have shows to watch Sunday-Thursday: Dexter, Homeland, How I Met Your Mother, Unforgettable, Modern Family, Person of Interest, and Bones. That seems like a lot, but it is only 6 hours worth; )

- I'm getting closer and closer to having our registry done and our list of "must-haves" finalized! BuyBuyBaby and Babies R Us will send us 10% off completion coupon so that we can finish up our shopping!

- Callie continued to adore her pillow: )














- This cute book from Blue Dandelion definitely made me smile: )


...but I wasn't a fan of this one!

- Nick is AMAZING!! He has been working so hard! The painting is SO close to being done (only touch-ups remain!), and the baby's room looks great! He has also been working on homework for several hours/night...AND still helping me cook and clean! He is AWESOME!!




- Nick and I had a great Saturday! I took Callie for a walk, and then Nick and I spent the rest of the day together! We went to Lucy's 1st birthday party at Paul and Anne's, and it was so much fun! We watched the KU football game, and we celebrated the birth of little miss Lucy. I can't believe it has been a year!


We gave her this book and a KU hair bow: )


After the game/party, Nick and I went to BuyBuyBaby in Kansas City. We registered for some more baby items, but we were a little unprepared and still didn't pick out a stroller and carseat. Ug. After that, we went to Cactus Grill (YUM!!!) for dinner. It was nice to have our weekly Mexican food - especially at a restaurant we don't normally get to go to. Last but not least, we went to Stanford and Sons for a comedy show. We saw Bobcat Goldthwait and had a blast! I like comedy shows because I like listening to Nick laugh: ) 


- 12 weeks to go...

No comments: