Friday, November 25, 2011

31 Weeks

Weekly Survey

How far along?: 31 weeks

(31 weeks, 2 days - We forgot to take a pic on Saturday!)

Total weight gain/loss: + 29 pounds

Sleep: More dreams...

Best moment(s) this week: It was a good week - work baby shower, Thanksgiving with our families, LAZY Friday morning with Nick, Adams family baby shower, and high-school reunion!

Movement: Yes! I think he has his days and nights mixed up. I feel him throughout the night, and those movements are the strongest ones!

Symptoms: I'm slowing down these days! I feel like it takes me forever to do anything: ( Ha! Sometimes Nick will do something for me simply because he can do it much faster!

Maternity clothes?: Duh. I've been wearing Nick's t-shirts a lot, and I stole some of his sweatshirts this week, too! I'm not sure how women are pregnant in the summer - I can't imagine! I did make one final (I hope!) order of maternity clothes from Old Navy with a gift card I had from last Christmas...



Stretch marks?: Nope.

Food cravings: Nope.

Food aversions: Nope.

Healthy eating?: As long as you don't count Thanksgiving, I had a pretty good week! I need to force myself to drink some more water, but I think I'm starting to slow down on the constant need to eat! Sometimes nothing really sounds good - or at least worth the effort of making! 

Exercise: Treadmill run/walk with Natalie (I ran 30 out of 67 minutes!), Body Pump + 30 minutes of cardio on Monday and Wednesday, 20-minute bike ride + 40-minute walk on Tuesday, Thursday OFF, 50-minute walk with Callie on Friday, and Saturday OFF - just about right: )

Gender: Little guy!

Labor signs: No - and hoping there won't be any for at least 6 more weeks!

Belly button in or out?: Flat or out!

What I miss: Hmmm. Fitting in tights! Ha! I couldn't find any maternity tights, so I bought tights in a size larger than what I normally wear. I wouldn't recommend it!

What I'm looking forward to: Organizing the baby's room!! 

Weekly Wisdom: Don't try to wear non-maternity tights - ha: )

Milestones: We ordered the car seat, (Nick) set up the crib, and (Nick again!) finished the dresser!!! Judy graciously offered to use her credit-card rewards points to order the car seat, so we went with this Graco car seat:

Thanks, Judy!

We still aren't sure where everything will go, but it is starting to come together! 
Even Callie likes it: ) 


What I'm Smiling About This Week V. 18

- This was actually the VERY end of last week, but I forgot to blog about it! Jackie, my friend from high school, offered to let me go through her baby-boy clothes before she donated them. She was SO generous and gave our little guy so much cute stuff! I will take a few pics of my favorites soon!

- It was AWESOME to catch up with Natalie during our run/walk! We've both been swamped lately, and I always feel better after chatting with her: )

- My work shower was AMAZING!! I was totally overwhelmed by how many people came and by their generosity! I'm lucky to work with such caring people. I wish we had more time to get to know each other and visit; unfortunately, we're usually too busy working! I'll take some pics of those things soon, too!




The shower was also for my coworker, Kristen. She was due Decemeber 9,
but her little guy, Gram, came four weeks early!


- Nick and I are SO lucky to have families that get along!!! We went to Nick's parents' house for Thanksgiving, and my parents, Claire, and Grandpa came as well. Some family friends, Jim and Diana, were there, too. We had great food and great company! SO SO SO good to spend time with people I love! I guess I didn't take any pictures: ( Hopefully someone will share some with me soon - hint, hint; ) I did steal the amazing pic below from Claire's Facebook page. RIP, Cheeseball Turkey...



- Nick and I had a VERY lazy Friday morning. We NEVER do that, so it was good to do NOTHING for a few hours. I woke up before Nick, so I read for a while. After he woke up, we let Callie come up to join us. When Nick was in the bathroom, Callie cuddled up next to me and put her head on Dwight with me: ) Nick reclaimed his spot, and we watched some TV. We had another busy week, so we were behind on our weekly shows!


- Nick has been spending more time on the floor so that Callie will be used to having people at her level. She is doing a great job for the most part, and she likes to get hugs from Nick: )

- On Saturday, Jenny (Nick's sister) and Tara (Nick's cousin) hosted a family shower for Baby Adams in Parsons, KS. Mom, Claire, and I drove down early Saturday morning, and we had a great time! Nick's family is HUGE, and it was fun to introduce my family to some of the women in his family! We ate a delicious lunch, played some fun - and not too cheesy! - games, devoured some AMAZING cake/cupcakes, and ended the shower with a gift-unwrapping marathon! We're so blessed to be a part of this family - and I'm glad that Baby Adams will be a part of it, too: ) I'm hoping some people will send me some more shower pics, too; )




- I almost didn't go to my high-school reunion after the shower in Parsons, but I'm really glad that I did! I was only there for about three hours, but it was good to catch up with old friends and with some people that I hadn't see...well...since high school! Once again, I didn't take many pics, but I did take this one...


***


(I'm sorry that I'm falling behind: ( I actually wrote a lot of this post on Thanksgiving, but it has taken me a week and half to finish it! I promise to post "32 weeks" - which I hit yesterday - soon!)

1 comment:

Julia Dohen.... said...

Love the post! Cute clothes, fun thanksgiving! I cannot wait to meet little ozzy....