How far along?: 33 weeks - but this post will talk about weeks 32 and 33 because I'm so far behind!
32 weeks, 1 day - Sunday 12/4
Total weight gain/loss: + 31 pounds
Sleep: I've actually been sleeping pretty well! I'm trying to drink more water during the day and less right before bed. I think it is working pretty well so far. I did have some weird dreams - including one where I was babysitting John and Kate's eight kids! Let's just say it was more of a nightmare than a dream; )
Best moment(s) this week (and last week): I have several...1) Nick has been able to feel the baby move A LOT! Now that the baby seems to move on more of a regular schedule, it is easier for Nick to feel him. 2) Nick finished the touchups in the nursery! Getting closer... 3) We got a new car!
Movement: I'm pretty sure I'm to the point in my pregnancy where I can tell that little feet are pushing on me! I laugh at night when he seems to move around to find a comfortable spot, and I laugh during the day when my belly shifts from left to right while I'm at work. If I were to imagine what it feels like to have a baby inside, the feelings I have now are EXACTLY what I would imagine!
Symptoms: My tummy (a.k.a. uterus!) is growing higher and higher! I have trouble breathing when I leave over, and I frequently lift my belly up or push my belly down if the baby is in a strange position.
Maternity clothes?: All the time - except for at the gym! I look pretty HUGE at the gym. I try to make myself feel better by reminding myself that I am at the gym, so that is good: ) I only have one pair of capris that really fit, so I wear them when I lift weights. The rest of the time I just look silly in shorts and Nick's big t-shirts!
Stretch marks?: Nope.
Food cravings: Hmmm. Not really!
Food aversions: Apples: ( I wouldn't say it is truly an aversion to apples, but I keep buying them and not eating them because they never sound good. Nick just received a holiday fruit basket from work. The apples look pretty good, so I may make some pumpkin pie dip and eat some of them!
Healthy eating?: Yes! I was WAY TOO BUSY to track my food this week, but I did track it last week. I do think that keeping busy at work keeps me from snacking too much!
Exercise: I'm still sticking with it! My original plan was to try to exercise until at least 34 weeks, and it looks like I should have no problem doing that as long as things continue as they have been. I really feel so much better on the days that I do exercise, and I'm convinced that I don't have a lot of the usual aches and pains of pregnancy because I've continued to move, lift, and run. This week I lowered my back and shoulder weights a little bit at BodyPump, but I've been able to continue everything else at my normal weight so far. If I'm still at it at 36 weeks, I'll probably drop down on some of the other weights as well.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out?: I don't even want to talk about it anymore...
What I miss: Staying up late on the weekend! The last few years I haven't been much of a party animal, but Nick and I used to watch movies or play video games past midnight on the weekends. Now I fight to keep my eyes open past 10, so I don't feel like we have as much time to hang out: ( Nick is AWESOME, though. He'll watch a movie with me in bed, and then after I fall asleep he'll hang out with Callie and play video games by himself for a while before going to sleep himself!
What I'm looking forward to: We go to the doctor on Wednesday, and we will set up our ultrasound. It will be WILD to see the little guy again! We haven't seen him since 17 weeks, 6 days!
Weekly Wisdom: Go to baby class! We've really enjoyed our classes at the hospital - Nick even said that he enjoys learning at them! We both think they're a little too long (2.5 hours/night!), but I'm not sure there is much of a way around that. We took: Baby Care, Newborn Safety, Childbirth, and Breastfeeding (just me!).
Milestones: We *might* have some baby names picked out! We're not sharing them, so don't get your hopes up; ) I think we'll probably go the hospital with 2 or 3 names in mind, and then we'll pick one once we meet him!
What I'm Smiling About This Week (and Last Week!) V. 19
- We got a new car! I'll feel much better about it all once we officially have all the paperwork (e.g., registration, etc.) done, but it seems like it has all worked out okay. We were hoping to get a new car in the spring, but the accident in October forced us to get a new car now. We received a nice check from the other person's insurance, and were able to get a 2010 Nissan Altima. She looks like this...
Now I just need to have Nick install the car seat; )...
and I need to give her a name!
- Cleaning out Nancy the Nissan was quite sentimental for me! It was like taking a trip through the last 10 years of my life! I found: an ET figurine that Mom sent to me my freshman year of college as a reminder to "phone home," CDs from my college friends, parking permits for Meramec Springs, a very nice sticky-note note from Jane, a mini-copy of the Chi Omega Symphony, my LFS faculty parking pass, miscellaneous St. Pat's flair, a manatee figurine from the summer after high school, a piece of paper with Krista's mailing address on it so I'd always have it handy, driving directions to Sarah and Steve's so that I wouldn't get lost...again, one of my H20 Project wristbands... I also found a few random clothespins, pens, playing cards, and bobby pins, but it was interesting to me that so much of what was in the car made me smile: ) Nancy and I really have been through a lot together! RIP, Nance!
- We've made so more progress around the house, and I'm starting to feel a little more ready for Baby to get here! I have a TON of paperwork to go through - especially since I'm a receipt hoarder - but I think I can tackle it over the next few weeks.
- I'm making progress at work! I should be able to finish a couple of the MAJOR tasks that I need to complete before our big deadline (and my maternity leave!), and I think I will feel so relieved when I can cross those tasks off my list!
- I found out that one of my college friends is pregnant! YAY! YAY! YAY!
- Cute Callie: )
- Krista and I had a Skype date, and it was glorious...and greasy: )