Sunday, December 25, 2011

35 Weeks

Weekly Survey

How far along?: 35 weeks


Total weight gain/loss: + 34 pounds (one more pound until I hit the high end of recommended weight gain - yikes!) 

Sleep: Not enough - but only because it has been so busy this week!

Best moment(s) this week: Seeing the baby on Monday: ) The ultrasound pics aren't very good - especially on here because I took pictures of the pictures - but we could see him really well during the exam. The technician estimated that he was 5 pounds, 2 ounces. She looked at the placenta first, and it has moved up (which is good! That is why we had one more ultrasound!). She showed us many different angles and parts which was reassuring! We could see his profile and little lips, and we could see him swallowing. We saw his four-chamber heart, his two kidneys, his little feet and hands, his spine (which is now too big to be seen in one shot!), his brain, and...his hair! Yep, that's right, he has hair! It looks like he may have a mullet because he has long hair in the back and not much on top - ha! 

This is supposed to be his profile,
but you can't really tell: (


Movement: I can feel his feet up against the right side of my ribs most of the day. He seems to stretch and move a little bit, but I'm pretty sure he ran out of room to do the crazy twists and turns I once felt! I also feel him hiccup every other day or so, and my sisters have both felt that, too!

Symptoms: HUGE and tired!

Maternity clothes?: A MUST. The drying rack is always filled with maternity clothes as I move them through the rotation. Thank goodness for scarves and other accessories!
Stretch marks?: I don't think so.

Food cravings: Nope.

Food aversions: Nope.

Healthy eating?: Nope: ( As I anticipated, this was a rough week. I ate WAY too much and had WAY too many sweets. I'm a little scared to step on the scale later in the week when it all catches up to me!

Exercise: I was about 20 minutes short of my usual work outs - not bad for a holiday week. I got in both BodyPump sessions, so that was good. I can pretty much only walk for cardio now (because I HATE the way my belly sits on my legs when I ride the bike - ha!), so that is getting a little old. I didn't really run this week. I probably could have, but I did a couple of prenatal DVDs for a change of pace.

Gender: Still a boy: ) 

I can't tell you what any of it means, but supposedly this pic proves it! 

Labor signs: No - but I'm getting nervous. People have started asking me less about what the baby's name will be and more about whether or not I've had any contractions.

Belly button in or out?: Flat or out!

What I miss: Being able to sit comfortably for long periods of time! I'm not much of a sitter anyway, but I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to sit in one place. I end up hunching over, and I think it squishes the baby!

What I'm looking forward to: Finishing up our to-do lists!

Weekly wisdom: The holidays make pregnancy FLY by! I can't believe we have about a month to go!!!

Milestones: I'm now far enough along that I can deliver at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. If babies in Lawrence want to come too early, the mom is sent to a hospital with a NICU. As long as things go well, we'll be at LMH.

What I'm Smiling About This Week V. 21


- I had dinner with Mom and the sisters on Tuesday, and then we sorted baby clothes at my house. It was fun to visit and to show them all of his cute stuff: )

- I took the day off on Friday to hang out with Mom and the sisters! We went ALL OVER Kansas City. We spent some time on the Plaza and then we went to the One Nineteen shopping center. It was a little chilly, but we had a good time: )

Mom and Me

The Sisters

Ha!

Worn out!

- Nick and I spent Christmas Eve at my parents' house. We had some yummy lasagna, homemade caesar salad, eggplant parmesan, bread, and pumpkin pie - YUMMY!

L and L

Mom and Grandpa looking up his favorite book from childhood - 
Peter and Anneli's Journey to the Moon

Parents-to-be!

- I wanted to give Dad his gift from Baby A on Christmas Eve, and Dad said he had a gift for Baby A, too. He went to get it...and the package looked similar to the package I had for him. We opened them up, and they were the same - copies of Mr. Pine's Mixed-Up Signs! A few weeks ago, Dad told me about his favorite book (this one!), and apparently we had the same thought. I wanted to surprise him so that he'd have a copy at his house to read to the baby. Well...he wanted the baby to have his own copy! Now there will be a copy at each house - perfect! - and a great story: ) Thanks, Dad!

1 comment:

Erin & Patric Leuschke said...

Omigosh, I completely forgot about the bike riding until you mentioned it in your post! I felt like biking was such a better workout by the end but got sick of kneeing myself in the stomach a gazillion times, so had to stick with walking on the treadmill. Congrats on keeping it up!