Friday, January 27, 2012

38 Weeks

Weekly Survey

How far along?: 38 weeks

(You guessed it...same top, different day! 
Please note the red necklace to go with the blue top - I mixed it up for the KU game!!)

Total weight gain/loss: + 38 pounds (I guess staying under 40 is my new goal!)

Sleep: This was my worst week yet because I've had some trouble going back to sleep once I wake up. On Friday, I woke up at 3:11, went the restroom, tried to sleep until 4, got up, ate some oatmeal, played on the computer, and then went to the gym at 5 for BodyPump. The other nights, I tried to just rest in bed and hope that it counted a little bit toward sleep. I hope I get in at least one more good night before he is here, but I'm not counting on it!

Best moment(s) this week: Washing baby clothes, blankets, burp cloths, etc.!! I really don't mind doing laundry, and I've come to find out that I LOVE washing baby stuff: ) Everything is SO soft and tiny - I can't believe he'll be so small!

Movement: Now that his movements have changed, I have to try not to freak myself out all of the time because I don't feel him as much as I used to. I guess that it isn't that I don't feel him as much as I used to...it is just that it feels a lot different. It is more like he is stretching and shifting - MUCH less of the punching, kicking, etc. If I start to worry, I can usually just stop moving for a while, and he'll let me know he's still in there; ) He is DEFINITELY out of room!

Symptoms: HUGE and becoming a little bit more uncomfortable!

Maternity clothes?: ALWAYS.

Food cravings: Cottage cheese!! I went through three containers this week - and the third had to be picked up in the middle of the week when I ran out of the first two!

Food aversions: Nope.

Healthy eating?: I did okay. I feel like I ate a ton of dairy this week - cottage cheese, Laughing Cow cheese, cheese sticks...

Exercise: I only made it to one BodyPump class, but I did get in all my cardio + I did cardio instead of Pump on one day. I have to sign up in advance for the BodyPump classes, and several of the ones I usually go to were already full! I went Friday morning (when I couldn't sleep), and I felt great all day!

Gender: B.O.Y.

Labor signs: Hmmm. Feeling a little achy...but I think that is more of an 8-and-a-half months pregnant sign. The baby feels heavy, so I'm still thinking that he has dropped.

Belly button in or out?: Flatish...and stretched out. Gross.

What I miss: Running! The weather has been AWESOME lately, and I'm definitely craving a 6-mile run! This winter has been SO mild, and I'm sure runners are taking advantage of it! Can't wait to hit the pavement with Natalie this spring!!! I need to start looking at races...

What I'm looking forward to: Alright...I'll say it...BABY!!! I'm can't wait to meet him and to see Nick be a daddy: )

Weekly wisdom: It is okay to wear the same outfit over and over again if that is what is comfortable; )

Milestones: Baby made his first trip to Allen Fieldhouse! I could feel him squirming throughout the game. Rock Chalk! 


What I'm Smiling About This Week V. 24


- I had a nice chat with Mom, Grandpa, and Grandma on Sunday. It is always nice to visit for a few minutes!

- Natalie and I had time for a LONG walk on Sunday!


- I love the AMAZING weather!! Callie has been soaking up the sun; ) 


- All of our latest purchases have arrived, and I think we're all set for baby. I still need to finish the artwork for the nursery walls, but everything else is ready to go.


- I'm overwhelmed with everyone's support and kind words! Julia calls regularly to leave me encouraging words, and Krista sent a "you-can-do-it" card and left a long voicemail full of support. The girls on the listserv constantly ask for updates, and it feels good to know that so many people are excited for this little guy to arrive!


- I'm SO close to feeling comfortable about leaving work. I have the major parts of my job finished, and I just have a few odds and ends to take care of this week! Almost there...

No comments: