Wednesday, February 12, 2014

2 Years - Week 3 - "Happy"

Hudson,

The past few weeks have been rough. I've been sick and tired, and our household has been more than a little bit out of whack.

I can always count on you, though, when I'm feeling sad.

As soon as I tell you that I'm sad, you respond by patting my chest over and over and repeating "happy" in your sweet voice. (If I'm really lucky, you give me a kiss, too!)

You learned the sign for "happy" (patting your chest) at Toddler Sing and Sign this fall, and you picked it up right away. We've talked about feeling "sad" and feeling "happy" many times since then. You seem to know that these feelings are opposites, and – even though I didn't tell you – you also seem to know that "happy" is a better way to feel than "sad."

When you learned the sign, it never occurred to me that you would try to use it to make me happy. I am so glad that you thought of it, and I am so glad it works: )

I love you every second of every day.

Mama



No comments: