Monday, February 3, 2014

2 Years - Week 2 - Holding Hands


Hudson usually refuses told hold my hand in public: (

I think he just wants to be independent, but my head and heart skips ahead to the future to a time when he will always refuse to hold my hand...and I probably won't even ask anymore. 

(Maybe that won't come true...but how many teenage boys hold hands with their moms!?!)

In Target last weekend, Hudson agreed to hold my hand - and actually wanted to hold my hand - rather than run through the store like I can't control him he usually does.

So thankful that Nick was there to capture the moment for me: )


I am also thankful that Hudson still likes to cuddle and hold hands when we're in the car or at home. If he is upset in the car, I can reach back and hold his hand for a minute and his world becomes a bit happier. At home, he scooches close to us on the bed, on the floor, or on the couch, and he almost always rests his hand on each of us or holds our hands.

Nick loves to document Daddy/Hudson moments to share with me!




I know some day that he'll grow out of this, but I hope he will hold on a little bit longer.

I don't even care if it is in the middle of dinner...

1 comment:

Jenny Laird said...

Enjoy it while you can. Someday he'll be all arms and legs and cuddling won't come as readily 😊