Today is World Alzheimer's Day!
Alzheimer's Disease: Facts and Figures
- As many as 5 million people in the United States are living with Alzheimer's.
- Every 71 seconds, someone develops Alzheimer's.
- Alzheimer’s costs $148 billion each year to Medicare, Medicaid and businesses.
- 10 million baby boomers will develop Alzheimer's in the United States.
- Alzheimer's disease is always fatal.
If you have a few minutes, please check out the following:
- What is Alzheimer's?
- Alzheimer's and the Brain: Interactive Tour
- The Long Goodbye
- Dementia: Its not always Alzheimer's
The forget me not is the symbol for the Alzheimer's Association. I have thought about trying to include it in the wedding. I'm still brainstorming.
I wanted to order this from Etsy:
...but this morning it was no longer listed: ( I emailed the seller to see if it was still available.
I also came across other lockets that I just like: )