Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just what I needed!

(I started this the other night and just finished it...)

I am working on homework and trying to head to bed at a decent hour...but I decided to take a break to blog: ) Nick and I returned this afternoon from Sarah and Steve's wedding in STL. Seeing my friends and seeing an amazing couple exchange wedding vows was much needed during this busy, busy semester!

9/18 – Date night with Nick! We went to Salty Iguana and to the Free State’s first game on the new home field! We stayed until half-time and then rented Eagle Eye. We opened some wine from our honeymoon and sipped for a while before starting the movie. As usual, we fell asleep before the movie finished: (

9/19 – Dropped Nick off for his football tailgate and had my hair cut. Mom and I spent some time organizing her favorite wedding pics, and after a quick trip to Michael’s and Penney’s we worked on a photo book for Grandmom and Granddad. I like the way it turned out and can’t wait to see the finished product!

9/20 – I graded a TON of papers on Sunday and prepared the house for company. I also went to J & S Coffee for coffee and a homework-friendly atmosphere. Nick’s parents came over for hot dogs, hamburgers, and carmel delight ice cream! Yum! Nick did an excellent job manning the grill and the food was delicious! We enjoyed having them over! Before bed, I finished grading some more papers, and we finished watching Eagle Eye. The movie was pretty good – especially for a $1 from Redbox: )

9/21 – Busy day at school – but I was able to stick to my “grading schedule.”

9/22 – I took two students to interview at Brandon Woods…and they are now employees!

9/23 - Good workout in the morning. The school day was long, but it was better than I expected.

9/24 - Had a few minutes to relax with Nick. We watched - and enjoyed - a new show - Flash Forward.

9/25 - Made it to STL in record time. Hung out at "Steve's Pub" and shared stories and laughter late into the evening!

9/26 – Sarah and Steve Kozlen’s wedding day!! (I will write a post about this over the weekend and add more pictures! I am having trouble rotating some of them right now - boo!)

9/27 - Said our goodbyes to some of my favorite people: ( Made it back without too much trouble - except for a stint on an outer road by accident! Finished some homework. Watched - and laughed at - Modern Family.

No comments: