How far along?: 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 12ish pounds (yikes!!)
Sleep: …and the nightmares continue : /
Best moment(s) this week: Receiving the first baby gifts - from Aunt Jenny and Uncle Tim!! Thank you!!
They are SO cute: )
Movement: About the same as the last two weeks – and REALLY hoping to feel more soon!
Symptoms: not really…aside from the weight gain and rounding belly!
Maternity clothes?: I’ve been wearing dresses and my belly band a lot! I’m trying to postpone the need to wear my maternity clothes because I’m sure I’m going to be sick of them FAST once I start wearing them.
Stretch marks?: No – but I need to do a better job of putting on my cocoa butter lotion!!
Food cravings: cottage cheese and tomatoes, Mexican food, root beer floats (diet root beer + sugar free ice cream!)
Food aversions: No!
Healthy eating?: For the most part! I think I’m eating too much at dinnertime, but I do well throughout the day. I’m not sure what I’ll do once summer ends and there aren’t as many fresh fruits and veggies!
Exercise: Still feeling good! Two kickball games, BodyPump twice, run/walk with Natalie X 2, walk/jog with Callie, DVD, walking, etc.…
Gender: We’re hoping to find out during Week 18 or 19 - SO soon!!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out?: In
What I miss: Knowing my clothes will fit! The night before work, I set out my clothes for the next day. If I go to the gym first thing in the morning, I don’t try on my clothes until I’m a few minutes from work. I don’t have time to change, so I just hope that my clothes will fit each day!
What I am looking forward to: Our doctor’s appointment during Week 18!
Weekly Wisdom: Trying to write down EVERYTHING I eat and drink really helps me see what I’m putting into my body.
Milestones: I printed a gmail calendar with the fall KU football and basketball schedules – now we just need to plan when we’re going to paint the nursery, buy furniture, put furniture together, attend baby classes…
What I’m Smiling about This Week V.7
- I had a rough week at work – but somehow the week went quickly!
- Nick and I FINALLY cleaned the house!
- I started the new book club book, The Red Tent, and I think I’m really going to like it: )
- Paul, Anne, and Lucy came over for dinner (carnitas, corn salsa, cilantro lime rice, guac…) on Saturday. We had a great time!
- I feel good overall: )
- Natalie and I got in TWO runs this week!
- Callie has been SUPER sweet lately! We’re hoping her good behavior continues!
- I had a nice visit with Grandma, Grandpa, and Mom on Friday. It was good to see everyone!
- We won our kickball games and will play for the championship on Sunday!