It is time to share our news - Baby A is on the way! Clever, I know; ) Ha!
I am still in disbelief that our lives have changed forever, and I am truly looking forward to this new chapter! Nick and I met 13 years ago this month, and sometimes I really can't believe that the dreams we talked about as teenagers are coming true - it makes me a little emotional just thinking about it!
Nick's Graduation '99
(18 and 16)
Our Wedding '09
(28 and 26)
(30 and 28)
I have quite a bit to say, but I can already tell that this will be the longest post ever, so I will just post the fun surveys below that I found while looking at baby blogs! I'll try to keep up with the second survey each week to help me remember this journey! (I will post my other thoughts soon!)
All the DetailsAbout the mommy –
- Name: Lauren
- Age: 28
- Is this your first child?: Yes!
- Name: Nick
- Age: 30
- Is this his first child?: Yes!
- What day did you find out you were pregnant?: Thursday, May 26, 2011
- How did you feel when you found out?: I was shocked! I kept saying, “What are we going to do?” over and over while I chugged water to take a third test. It doesn’t even really make sense that I was saying that because I was hoping to be pregnant soon – I was just totally surprised it happened so quickly and hadn’t expected to see a positive test so soon! I think I prepared myself more for how I’d feel about a negative test than a positive test!
- Who was with you?: HA! For the first two tests, it was just me; ) I took one and couldn’t tell if the plus was really a plus (Looking back, it was OBVIOUSLY a plus, but I just couldn’t believe it!). I didn’t tell Nick I was going to take it because I really didn’t think I was pregnant. I was in the worst mood EVER and just feeling kinda funny, so I took one. After the first one, I fibbed and told him that I needed to go to Target to buy a dress that was on sale (I did want the dress, but it was after 8pm, and I never go anywhere once I’m home from work!), so I chugged water to and from Target, where I bought four more tests (and the dress!). I took the second one (two dark lines = pregnant!) and walked downstairs to tell Nick…
- How did the daddy react?: He was wide-eyed! He said something like, “What do you mean?” We hugged for a minute (and I was shaking like I did after he proposed!), and he said he could feel my heart racing. We sat down on the couch while I told him the whole story, and I continued to drink water so that I could take the third test. Nick calmed me down and helped me think about what to do the next day (i.e., call the doctor, try not to freak out…). As we went to bed, we were really just in shock - I didn't even really cry! I left the bathroom a mess for a couple of days so that I could remind myself that I was definitely pregnant.
Bathroom disaster...I wasn't kidding!
Telling the grandparents –
- How did your parents react?: We had my parents over for fondue – a family tradition! We wanted to tell them before dinner, but Dad put his first piece of beef in the oil before we had a chance! Nick was totally weird throughout dinner because our plan was thrown off – ha! He told them the news while we were visiting in the living room before dessert. Dad’s response – “I told you!” to Mom! I still don’t know what made him think that I was pregnant, but he was right! Somehow, I managed to only tear up a little bit – it definitely helped to have Nick share the emotional news! They were obviously excited, and they seem to be more and more excited as time passes! They will be such good grandparents: )
- How did his parents react?: We told Nick’s parents soon after we found out while Nick’s sister and brother-in-law were in town. Nick’s parents were thrilled, and Judy told us she is convinced we’ll have a girl because she had been talking to one of Nick’s cousins that day about all of the little boys in the family. They talked about the need for a girl, and Judy mentioned that there was still a chance that Nick and I could have a girl some day! We’ll see; )
- When is your due date?: January 28
- How far along are you right now?: 15 weeks/4 days!
- Have you had an ultrasound?: Yes - 2!
- Have you heard the heartbeat?: Yes – once at each ultrasound and once with the doppler.
- Sex of the baby: ?!?!?
- What do you want - boy or girl?: Doesn't matter - a healthy baby!!!
- Who is going to be with you?: Nick
- Are you going to video tape it?: Absolutely not!
- Natural or medicated?: TBD
- Do you think you will have a c-section?: If I need to…
- Do you think you will cry when you first hold your baby?: If I’m in shock, maybe not right away…but I’m guessing that I will cry for days before and after the baby is born because I cry about everything.
- Do you know what you will say to the baby when you first hold it?: Hmmm. I haven’t even thought about it! Probably nothing witty!
- Are you scared about the labor?: I’m not sure yet. I’ve had enough friends have babies to know that there is no telling what can happen. I know I will make it through it and be happy that I did!
- Do you have a name picked out?: Nope! I have some ideas…but we haven’t even discussed names yet!
- Is your baby going to be named after anyone?: Maybe...
- Did the daddy help pick the name?: He will – I think that it is important for him to really like the name, too!
- Where was your baby conceived?: HAHAHA. TMI alert…at home! Shocker!
- Have you felt the baby move?: Maybe. Sometimes I think I feel a little something when I’m absolutely still, but I can’t be sure just yet!
- What was your first symptom?: Looking back…EXHAUSTION, CrAzY dreams/nightmares, and one REALLY bad mood (that led to me taking the first pregnancy test!)!
- What is the baby's room theme?: TBD! We are hoping to start planning this weekend! Nebraska Furniture Mart here we come!
- Are you ready to be a mommy?: I sure hope so!
- Is your husband ready to be a daddy?: Yes – he will be great: )
How far along?: 15 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 8ish pounds
Sleep: MUCH better than the first trimester!
Best moments: hearing the heartbeat at 13 weeks/4 days; sharing the news with family, friends, work; buying some maternity clothes
Movement: Maybe a little when I’m REALLY still…
Symptoms: tired, HUNGRY
Maternity clothes?: I just bought some on Saturday! I LOVE the jeans I bought – and I hope I continue to love them once I start wearing them! I bought basics: 1 pair of jeans, black/gray/white/brown/red stripe shirts, 1 sweater, and a bellyband. Most of my bottoms are too tight, but I can button most of them.
Stretch marks?: Not yet!
Food cravings: cottage cheese
Food aversions: Nope!
Healthy eating?: I’m trying! I feel like I’m constantly eating, but I’m eating small meals and trying not to eat too much; ) I'm on a fruit kick, and I've been enjoying cottage cheese with fresh tomatoes from a family friend!
Exercise: Yes - I even ran a 10K on Saturday!
Gender: Don’t know yet!
Labor Signs: Nope!
Belly Button in or out?: Innie!
What I miss: watching the end of tv shows (because I always fall asleep!)
What I am looking forward to: reading to baby
Weekly Wisdom: It is hard to find something to drink besides water! I will sometimes have apple juice + water or Sprite Zero + orange juice. NOTHING can replace coffee and diet coke!
Milestones: reaching 13 weeks and sharing the news!