Saturday, July 12, 2014

2 Years - Week 21 - Arlo Maxwell

Arlo Maxwell is...
TWO!


Arlo is by far the best surprise I've ever had! 

Just a few weeks before Hudson was born, Claire told me she was pregnant. 
When she told me, she showed me this picture...


I thought she was joking because I didn't think there was any way that the "touchdown baby" ultrasound could be real!

Once I wrapped my head around the fact that my baby sister was going to be a mom and that my baby boy would would soon have a cousin, I was SO excited! Having the boys birthdays so close together - not quite five months apart - has been even better than I could have ever imagined!

I will never forget the moment that Claire called to say that she thought her water broke! She still had 3.5 weeks to go - and it was just two days after LIsa's wedding - and it didn't seem like Arlo could really be coming already!

Unfortunately, he had a rough entrance into the world: (


....but he had his sweet / beautiful Mama to take care of him: )


It was over a week before I got to hold him for the first time....


...and before he got to meet Hudson!


These two have been best buddies ever since: )



To say that Hudson loves Arlo is an understatement. 
For example, most of our conversations go something like this:

Me: "Hudson, what do you want to do today?
H: "Play with Lolo!"
***
Me: "Do you want to go to the park?"
H: "Lolo come to park, too!?!"
***
Me: "We're going on vacation to see Great-grandmom!"
H: "Lolo coming!?!"
***
Me: "Did you have fun at Marilyn's today?"
H: "Play cars with Lolo!"
***
H: "I grow baby, too."
Me: "What are you going to name your baby?"
H: "Lolo!"

These are a few of my favorite Arlo + Hudson photos from 2014:


....and a video, too:



It is hard to believe that there was time when Arlo wasn't in our lives! I love hearing about all that he is learning and saying, and I love watching him play with Hudson! 

I can't imagine our lives without him!


No comments: