Tuesday, July 29, 2014

2 Years - Week 25 - NC Part 2


This was another busy day! 

We were SO SO SO lucky to be less than an hour away from Stephanie and Chad's wedding, and I was SO happy to be able to join them at the sunrise ceremony! It may have been the most beautiful place I've ever been, and it was definitely the most intimate wedding I've ever attended. I loved EVERY second of it and am SO SO SO happy for these two! (I can't wait to see the professional pictures!!!)

Since the ceremony was so early, I was back at the lodge before 9am! We hit the road for Asheville and went to the Western North Carolina Nature Center! Hudson LOVED navigating with the map and was particularly excited about the farm animals and bears: ) I loved the otters and watching them swim under water!

We had Mexican food for lunch and then hit the hotel for an attempt at a nap. 

In the evening we went to a minor league baseball game - the Asheville Tourists vs. the Lexington Legends, a Royals team! Hudson did GREAT! He sat on my lap most of the time, and he accompanied me for food and drinks. He even ate his first ballpark hot dog: ) He loved all of the games in between innings - especially one where kids rode on top of bouncy rubber horses: ) The Royals team lost, but that was okay because evening ended with FIREWORKS! I'm not sure Hudson will ever stop talking about them!


Sunday morning we went back to Tryon to visit with Dad and Grandmom, and we had a short visit with Claire and Arlo via Skype. We ate at Mr. Juan's - another Mexican restaurant! - for lunch and took pictures with Morris before saying goodbye to Dad and heading back to Asheville.

Hudson fell asleep in the car and actually stayed asleep, so I went to the mall while Nick did some homework. When I came back, the boys waved to me from the balcony!

We had dinner at Asheville Brewing, and the pizza was SO SO SO good! I would love to go back and try some more: ) When we got back to the hotel, we went for a very cold swim! Hudson LOVED swimming, as usual! Hotel swimming is so nice because we were able to just walk right back inside, take baths/showers, and head to bed. We didn't have to lug several bags, deal with wet clothes/towels, etc. SO FUN!


Monday was our last day: (

As we packed up our hotel room, Hudson put on his swim diaper and asked to go swimming again! He was cracking me up: )

On our way to the airport, we stopped by Grandmom's for one last visit.

It was so so so good to see her and to see her new place! While I was sad not to visit Sly Fox Lane, I was VERY happy to see Grandmom happy and at home in her new apartment. It sounds like there are many good people/friends nearby, and she is in a beautiful home and town! I'm SO thankful to be able to make this trip and am looking forward to our next visit: )

We made it home without any glitches - and sweet Hudson Bob even took a nap on the airplane <3

No comments: